Oregano oil is a member of the mint family and grows wild around the world, especially in the mountainous areas of Greece and Turkey, where the highest medicinal grade oregano is found.
When shopping for natural oregano oil for your medicine chest, look for the following indicators of quality to ensure you are getting the best medicinal grade oregano oil:
• Oil from certiﬁed organic, wild-crafted oregano (Origanum vulgare)
• Carvacrol content between 20–80%
• Oil extracted using gentle steam distillation
• The manufacturer’s guarantee – from a company you trust – that the oil is free of contaminants and toxins
• Oil blended in a one-to-four ratio with organic, cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil for improved absorption and consistency